Low back and neck pain are unfortunately inevitable; at one point or another, everyone will experience some level of pain or discomfort in these areas. For some, this pain is more severe and may cause radiating pain to your arms, shoulder, or legs.
These symptoms are typically associated with degenerative diseases or herniated discs that are impacting the nerves in the spine. Spinal decompression is a non-invasive therapy that helps relieve the pressure on the nerves, releasing pain.
This therapy is a form of traction treatment that utilizes a motorized table specifically designed to relieve pressure and create distance within the discs in the spine. By providing the discs this extra space, it allows for natural healing while reducing inflammation.
When the spine is returned to its correct position, pain can be eliminated from a number of conditions, including:
- Arthritis in the spine
- Spinal Stenosis
- Nerve pressure
- Herniated or bulging discs
- And more
Spinal decompression offers patients a gentle and highly effective alternative to surgery. In fact, there are many benefits to choosing this treatment.
Top 5 Benefits of Spinal Decompression
- Extremely effective – Studies have shown that patients who have degenerative discs and need surgery have a 75%-85% chance of avoiding the surgical route with spinal decompression treatments. Those who are suffering from a herniated disc have a higher success rate at 85%-95%.
- Non-invasive – This procedure requires no surgery or anesthesia, which completely eliminates the risk of complications or infections, and there is no downtime or recovery time necessary following the treatment so patients can resume their normal activities after treatment.
- Pain-free – This therapy’s entire purpose is to provide pain relief without the need for medications or surgery. The patient simply lies on the table lightly strapped by the waist or base of the skull to help keep their body still as the table moves the spine gently back into place.
- Long-lasting results – While decompression therapy is a process taking up to 8 sessions before pain levels decrease, by working the spine consistently, nutrients are being supplied more rapidly to the discs, which also provides hydration. This makes for a healthier spine allowing pain relief that lasts longer.
- Low cost – When compared to how expensive surgeries are, not to mention the cost of medications that follow as well as time off work while recovering, spinal decompression can be thousands of dollars less expensive even if your insurance isn’t covering the treatment.
Spinal decompression and chiropractic treatments address the source of pain by naturally restoring proper alignment of the spine. This ensures long-lasting pain relief without relying on focusing on symptoms but instead healing the source.
If you are suffering from back and neck pain and have been told that surgery is your next step, rest assured that there is another option offering patients a non-invasive alternative with highly effective and long-term results through spinal decompression therapy.